A Palm PDA dictionary program, featuring the eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary. It is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. Authoritative and up to date, this eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary contains over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, including over 1700 new words. It offers rich vocabulary coverage, with full treatment of World English, rare, historical, and archaic terms, as well as scientific and technical vocabulary, and provides hundreds of helpful notes on grammar and usage. New to this edition and beyond the standard etymological information, the dictionary provides a fascinating Word Histories feature, exploring word origins, links and meaning changes for a number of interesting cases.
- Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions
- 1700 new words
- 400 new notes on grammar and usage
- Completely up to date with hundreds of new words
- Language level - Intermediate
- Word Histories feature, providing detailed explanations of word origins and development
- Full appendices on topics such as alphabets, currencies, electronic English, and the registers of language, from formal to slang
- Guide to Good English with advice on grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Goes with DEPReader dictionary software program - a powerful dictionary reader providing instant lookup both from the lookup field and from the dictionary definitions; special COED cross-references denoted by small capital letters; various searches (phonetic, error tolerance, crossword search), maximal data accessibility.