Apex Text is a product of Apex Editor platform. The Apex Editor project was initiated in 2006 with a motivation - “Provide efficient and lightweight editors with rich functionalities at free of cost”. In early 2008 decision was taken to open source the editor platform.
Apex Text is a general purpose text editor for developers and non-developers. Along with other essential features editor provides multi language support at GUI level. Using configuration file, GUI language can be changed very easily. In version 1.0 of text editor other than English, hindi (an indian language) is supported.
Switch to Apex Text today and experience the difference.
Following list depicts key features of Apex Text:
1. Infinite undo and redo
2. Syntax highlighting
3. Code templates
4. Code completion (preview)
5. Individual tab for each document and close button in each tab
6. Document templates
7. Typed document
8. Document deletion
9. Renaming document
10. Move document to a new location
11. Rotating progress indicator for long running tasks (preview)
12. Viewing documents in web browser
13. Incremental search
14. Highlighting search results
15. Efficient way of navigation between documents
16. Essential tools for Java programming language
17. Any number of custom tools can be added
18. Splitting editor window
19. Document management
20. Multi language support at GUI level
21. Sophisticated user preferences setup
22. The editor can be installed and used in major platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac etc.