It¡¯s amazing how many times you will find yourself in a situation where you have to change or modify the dates for a file, such as the creation date, last modified date or the last accessed date! We are not really going to wonder WHY anyone would need to do this, but based on my own experience, we have found it very handy in certain circumstances (ahem)!
Changing the date on a file is actually quite complicated if you try to do it yourself, but thankfully there are a few really nice freeware applications that can get the job done for you quickly and easily. I¡¯m going to quickly go through three different apps each that do pretty much the same thing, but I¡¯d rather mention more than less just in case one does not work for you.
With 2Tware Change File Date you can change date and time for files, JPG images as well. Change files creation date / time, last modified date / time and last accessed date / time (timestamp).
2Tware Change File Date features:
* File name Unicode support.
* Expands "property" tabs to display additional file properties.
* Change file date and time (timestamp).
* Change JPG / JPEG image Exif date and time (image taken, image modified and image digitized).
* Dynamically loads into memory and unloads when close Windows property pages.
* Easy customizable interface (modules).
* Full right-click context sensitive help.
* And many more powerful operations...